Spring is in the air! And with spring comes fresh veggies! (Except today in snowed in New Hampshire, so there’s that New England spring for you…).
Almost all vegetables taste better when they’re in season. Some are noticeably more succulent, juicy and flavorful, like tomatoes! Lately, one of my favorite in-season spring vegetable is sugar snap peas. They’re crunchy and sweet. And even though they’re definitely not a chocolate chip cookie, they can be super satisfying. I’ve been known to buy two cartons at the farmer’s market: one for eating while I walk around and one for home.
Another seasonal favorite are radishes! In season, they are crisp and crunchy and have that signature slightly spicy flavor. Combine that with the sweet, snappy sugar snap pea and you’ve got my attention!
Hopefully, this spring salad will satisfy your salad rut, too. The dressing is light, which allows the vegetables to shine through! Enjoy it as-is or topped with a sprinkle of salty feta or creamy goat cheese. Serve it as a side with your next meal or make it the main course with some seared rib eye or salmon.
Spring Sugar Snap Pea and Radish Salad
Sweet and crisp with a mild spice from the radishes, this spring salad is sure to please!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Whisk or fork
- 15 oz sugar snap peas trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 8-10 radishes sliced into thin spears
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. oregano
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Combine prepared sugar snap peas and radishes in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Start by adding about half the dressing to the salad. Stir gently to combine. Add more dressing as desired.
- Optional: top with feta or goat cheese